The Ssoftoons has a rich tradition of bringing great stories, characters and experiences to our guests around the world, and our sites and applications are created to entertain and connect guests with the best that Ssoftoons has to offer on the platforms and devices they prefer.
Effective Date: 1-1-2014
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Information you provide in our sites and applications
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
How We Collect Your Information
Use of Your Information by The Ssoftoons
A member of The Ssoftoons Family , which includes many different brands, will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here. Other members of The Ssoftoons Family of companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor ) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
|–||Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services|
|–||Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications|
|–||Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please visit Online Tracking and Advertising.|
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside The Ssoftoons Family of Companies except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
|–||Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services|
|–||Special events which require a separate admission charge;|
|–||Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites|
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
- Your personal information may be transferred into our managements.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by visiting Communication Choices, contacting Guest Services, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Guest Services.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Where some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those age-gated features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
10. Comments and Questions
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In India, the term “children” refers to individuals under 18 years of age.
Data Controller. The data controller is the subsidiary or affiliated entity of The Ssoftoons Company that is responsible for the personal information collected from sites and applications, as follows:
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Member. Member means a subsidiary or affiliated entity that is part of The Ssoftoons Family of Companies.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Personal Data Manager.
The Ssoftoons Family of Companies. The Ssoftoons Family of Companies refers to The Ssoftoons Company and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names. These companies engage in a number of businesses, including theme parks and travel, motion pictures and television, publishing, consumer products and interactive services. The Ssoftoons Company brands include, among others, the following:
Accessing Your Registration Account
You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration (that is, your postal address, email address, or any other information that would directly enable us to contact you) or delete your registration account, by sending us an e-mail.
Accessing Your Child’s Registration Account
To request access and update the information your child gave us during registration or to request that we delete your child’s registration account, please send us an e-mail.
Exercising Marketing Choices
To modify a general marketing permission that you provided when you registered and set up your account (or any later changes to that permission), please send us an e-mail.
Following our receipt of your request to cease using your personal information for marketing purposes, we may require a reasonable period of time to update our systems to fully implement your request.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Online Tracking and Advertising
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity on our sites and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons. Definitions for the tracking technologies listed, as well as information regarding how to disable them, are available below. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites and applications; for example, remembering your shipping information for future purchases
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our sites and applications
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your registration account, in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.